ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1429374698.897934.jpg
all framed in.

basicfisherman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to watching this progress. I have been trying to plant the seed with the wife that we need a 180 in are basement also. I think she may be warming up to the idea. How much live rock do you have and what are you running for a return and power heads?

OP
OP
cginter

cginter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to watching this progress. I have been trying to plant the seed with the wife that we need a 180 in are basement also. I think she may be warming up to the idea. How much live rock do you have and what are you running for a return and power heads?

I wanna say I have roughly 150lbs of rock in now, I have more but wanted to stay away from the rock wall look (which I had previous). For return pump I'm running a mag drive 24?, and for power heads "hydor korilla mag8 and evo 1400. All used on my old set up. I do plan on upgrading all of this as soon as I can afford it though. I plan on getting a gyre 150 and mp40 to replace what I have.

OP
OP
cginter

cginter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purchases from WWC live sale came in.
1)kingpin chalice
2)cat eyes zoa
3)blue eye blondes
4)WWC watermelons
5)Jason fox PPE chyphastrea
6)WWC burning lepto
7)WWC pink panther tenuis

Still don't have a good camera yet as I'm always using that money on coral.

OP
OP
cginter

cginter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get either two mp40's or one gyre 150 & one mp40. Anyone have any input?

basicfisherman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics btw! To answer your question about the MP40......I would go with 2 of them if you can afford it! I have one MP10 on my 40 breeder and wish I could get one more. I don't know very much about the Gyre though so probably one sided.

I also have a similar water making station. My water holding can started to smell like ammonia after 6 months or. Not sure why?

OP
OP
cginter

cginter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1433785360.484707.jpg

Can't believe the size difference. And it moves the same amount of water. Mp40 vs magnum 8

Marc.The.Shark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa! that's pretty sweet! I like the moulding around the tank. Good transfer job, looks like it's been up for years.

OP
OP
cginter

cginter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa! that's pretty sweet! I like the moulding around the tank. Good transfer job, looks like it's been up for years.

Thanks, the molding around the tank was my fathers idea. Looks a lot better than what I had in mind.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1434148296.534251.jpg

Newest addition to the Wrasse family. Mr. Or mrs. Choati. I got it to eat brine shrimp but I'm hoping he'll start to get an appetite for my mysis shrimp

OP
OP
cginter

cginter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. Sos Corals started to look bad. Loosing there color, turning pale and loosing polyp extension. Checked over everything multiple times, using different test kits. Everything was fine. Looked in my top off container and the power head had died on me leaving the water stagnate and it had a foul smell to it with some mold underneath the lid. Since I've been using that as top off water, that's what was messing up my tank. After a large water change things are finally starting to get back on track.

Unfortunately the chaoti didn't make it. First fish I've had that didn't make it through the qt period.

I picked up another fish 4 days ago from my LFS. "Copperband butterfly" he was in QT at the shop before I brought him home and put him In the acclamation box for 4 days.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1438189967.128157.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back