C. Lubbocki wasting away

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a C. Lubbocki (Lubbocks Wrasse) 15 days ago and noticed it had the stringy white poo. It’s refusing to eat medicated food. I tried general cure, metro and prazi separately. Each with focus. Added selcon and garlic separately and together. Doesn’t want anything to do with it. Switched to treating the tank with general cure. Still not eating, just lays there, sometimes on its side, sometimes straight up. It moves a little from pipe to pipe throughout the day and doesn’t look emaciated. Any tips, tricks or dips I can try to help this dude out? Compared to my C. Rubeus and C. Solorensis this guy is lifeless.
Lubbocki is isolated in a 10g QT with water change due tomorrow to finish general cure treatment.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try live worms, see if you can elicit any type of feeding response. Once he begins eating consistently, switch to the medicated food again.

Also, after the waterchange dose the tank again with metroplex only, not general cure... since wrasses can be iffy with prazi. Dose metro in the water column every 48 hours, until he starts eating, for up to 14 days.

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try live worms, see if you can elicit any type of feeding response. Once he begins eating consistently, switch to the medicated food again.

Also, after the waterchange dose the tank again with metroplex only, not general cure... since wrasses can be iffy with prazi. Dose metro in the water column every 48 hours, until he starts eating, for up to 14 days.
Thank you! Will do.

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to really update, aside from confusion. I have not spotted him eating but he is swimming SLIGHTLY better and more often. Emphasis on SLIGHTLY. I have not spotted any poo either, brown or white. Still continuing two scoop dosage of metro every 48 hours. Trying both live black worms and frozen brine shrimp. My other fish LOVE the frozen brine shrimp I have. One thing I did not find in the worm threads was how much they stink when you keep them in a tub. haha

Could this fish not be eating this long and still not look emaciated? Could he be starving but the worms keeping him fat looking, not swollen? He still reacts and if I touch him he will come out and move around at a good pace.

Any thoughts from anyone?

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No experience with this particular fish, but if you are trying to elicit feeding response, I always use live baby brine shrimp. Most LFS will have the small hatchery or at least the eggs that can be hatched in pretty much any container. They usually take 24 hours to hatch and then you can feed them to the fish. Seems like you need to get this guy eating.

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No experience with this particular fish, but if you are trying to elicit feeding response, I always use live baby brine shrimp. Most LFS will have the small hatchery or at least the eggs that can be hatched in pretty much any container. They usually take 24 hours to hatch and then you can feed them to the fish. Seems like you need to get this guy eating.
They would probably stay alive longer than the worms for this guy. The worms don't last long in salt. All other fish in the house gobble them up too fast for that to be of concern.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back