Ca outside tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter TitusStar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TitusStar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2022
Messages
602
Reaction score
166
Location
Simi valley
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey yall just got a new house and there is a patio with a partial covering and large pond. I am thinking if the possibility of making this into an outdoor aquarium since I live in Southern Ca. Is there certain animals I can put in here. Was thinking anenomes and starfish with natural light!
 
Hey yall just got a new house and there is a patio with a partial covering and large pond. I am thinking if the possibility of making this into an outdoor aquarium since I live in Southern Ca. Is there certain animals I can put in here. Was thinking anenomes and starfish with natural light!
Most all Starfish die in captivity.
Nems would work if you can keep water stable.
 
Hey yall just got a new house and there is a patio with a partial covering and large pond. I am thinking if the possibility of making this into an outdoor aquarium since I live in Southern Ca. Is there certain animals I can put in here. Was thinking anenomes and starfish with natural light!

Do a search on o2manyfish. He is down South and keeps a couple systems outside in the open. Corals, fish, etc. It all depends on how you set the system up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new