Cabbages reefer madness!

SaltyCabbage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a lot of planning and discussion my girlfriend and I have decided to bite the bullet and get a Reefer 350 G2+ system for the new house.

I know RedSea has had some terrible issues with the older line of tanks but I’ve heard very good things about these new systems and they look beautiful in person. We’ll see what happens in a few years…

The equipment list so far

Tank - RedSea Reefer 350 G2+

Lid - 48" x 31" screen kit from BRS

Lighting- three Kessil a360x tuna blue or two AI32’s and two blades with the hybrid blade mounting kit

Return pump - reef octopus VarioS-2 or VarioS-4 (792 GPH/1050 GPH)

Wave makers - two 4K Gyre with controller

Skimmer - reefer dc 300

Heater - one 200w titanium heating element
(Room has lots of reptiles and runs >75f none of my aquariums need heaters IME)

ATO - ReefATO+ and a bucket
(comes with tank)

Salt - IO reef salt

Rock - 50lbs live rock from Tampabay saltwater and 20lbs dry rock for scaping.

Sand - 20lbs live sand from Tampabay saltwater mixed with 20lbs Carib sea Fiji pink.

I’ll be ordering the tank and most equipment this weekend. I’m waiting to order the rock till I have the tank full of water, I’ll just cycle it all in the tank and enjoy the hitchhikers for a while.

I’m not 100% sure what I’ll be stocking the tank with. I know I want lots of movement and color so the tank will be lps and soft coral dominated.
I love zoas and will have a few gardens.

I’ll play around with a fish list today, I want at least one tang (two spot) but the rest is up for grabs. I like lots of small fish instead of a few larger ones.

If you have any recommendations or suggestions please let me know! This is my first serious build and I’m sure I’m missing something important lol.

I can’t wait to place the first order and start building everything!!!

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a great build! From my understanding its mostly the stands with the red seas that cause the issues, dont know if they've fixed that or not. Love kessil tanks. Good luck looking forward to seeing it.

OP
OP
SaltyCabbage

SaltyCabbage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first order is in! I got about 38lbs of rock, 19lbs of sand, some crabs/snails, and a couple cute gobies from Tampa Bay Saltwater. Can’t wait to see what weird stuff comes with the rocks!

IMG_5216.png

OP
OP
SaltyCabbage

SaltyCabbage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ve got frags!
IMG_5272.jpeg
IMG_5279.jpeg
IMG_5280.jpeg

Just a few zoas, some galaxea, and two favias to start out. I’ll be waiting till January At the earliest to order the tank so I needed something to hold me over!

Everything is just sitting on rocks for now, my eggcrate was supposed to be delivered but I can’t find the package so rocks will work for now lol. Will grab some tonight and get a rack setup for em.

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was very recently looking at the G2+ 350 also. I'll be eagerly following along!! I don't see too many G2/G2+ 350 builds out there yet. Best of luck!!!

OP
OP
SaltyCabbage

SaltyCabbage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was very recently looking at the G2+ 350 also. I'll be eagerly following along!! I don't see too many G2/G2+ 350 builds out there yet. Best of luck!!!

I was actually debating the IM 100 EXT and reefer 350G2+ as well, looks like we made the opposite decisions haha. And thank you, you as well! Am definitely excited to get the ball rolling on this.

OP
OP
SaltyCabbage

SaltyCabbage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably know this but you may want to move that galaxia away from all the others.
Thank you! Totally slipped my mind, the flow is pushing everything to the back so hopefully no sweepers hit the favia till I can get home and move it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back