Cad Light 110Gal Mixed Reef- MPS

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first foray into Saltwater. This was supposed to be a fish tank with some corals; OOPS! HAHA.
This is about 4 months into this build. It's nearly stocked. I'm going to start adding some SPS next and a few more fishies.

OP
OP
MPS

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
MPS

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay!! new photos of my tank. Not all is perfect but things are still progressing.
October tank photo.jpg

OP
OP
MPS

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank shot oct 29 2018.jpg

Progress Update. Try to ignore the PVC frag rack in mid-tank. That should come out this weekend.
I'm struggling to get my hammers to come back to the land of the living. My purple hammer, mid tank sand bed, seems to be coming back to life. Polyp extension is getting better but its slow going. My ultra gold hammer, mid tank rock work (behind the frag rack) is still miserable and no longer gold. The polyps have turned greenish. Also, i've been noticing zoa colonies are receding. The rock in the upper right used to be so full of zoas that I couldn't pick it up without mashing one. Now, it's only about 30% covered.
My parameters have been in check and consistent so the only thing I can think of is lighting. I bumped up the intensity somewhat to encourage algae growth for my new tangs. I'll check my parameters later and post another comment. Perhaps one of you will see something I don't.

OP
OP
MPS

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E2FE64E3-3789-491E-98B3-C8400A78A0E6.jpeg
Welcome home Blondie.
The perspective’s bad in this shot. He’s really pretty little; about 3” long. I hope my new tank is ready before our grows this one.

OP
OP
MPS

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
685AB574-611E-4545-8338-156E6245CDE8.jpeg
Tank update,April 2019. Increased lighting, flow and spot feeding corals have improved health all around. I’ve finally got a Copperband Butterfly to eat, she’s been her for a couple of months now. I traded a Clown Tang that was too big for his britches for a small Powder Brown, a Blond Naso and an even smaller Purple Tang.
A bubble tip anemone has found a home here as well as a great looking Maxima clam.
I’m very happy with the tank setup. Now it’s just time to sit back and watch them grow; and save up for a bigger tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back