Cade 1200 building a mixed Reef

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice. Eyeing up this tank too but really don't want socks to change / wash every 2-3 days. I would like to plumb fleece roller right from the start. Roll it up and throw it away. Worth it to me.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice. Eyeing up this tank too but really don't want socks to change / wash every 2-3 days. I would like to plumb fleece roller right from the start. Roll it up and throw it away. Worth it to me.
I used a drop in klir with zero mods for my 1200. Works perfectly

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great wire control in the control area, inspires me to neaten mine up

The side doors on the Cade are great and overlooked feature, aren't they?

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use the Di-4? Have any photos of the sump with it in there? Also, any issues with the gravity fed ATO failing yet? Great job.
Yeah I'm out with the dog right now, I'll get you a photo when I get back home. No issues with the ato whatsoever. I did a bunch of research on that and it seems like the problems come from people installing upside down.

OP
OP
J

jasonrsimpson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm out with the dog right now, I'll get you a photo when I get back home. No issues with the ato whatsoever. I did a bunch of research on that and it seems like the problems come from people installing upside down.
awesome I would love to see photos of the Klir. I actually abandoned the gravity fed ato and replaced it with the Neptune systems atk. It draws from my 60g RO container in the crawl space of my home. So far after a few months it is working great. Between that and my auto water change system, no bucket hauling anymore. I really like the idea of the fleece roller and excited to see your pics.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fits right in, I did some reading where people were saying they had to modify the drainage gap there so that the klir would work properly but I did not find that necessary - It actually is just barely above the amount of space required for the optical sensor to hit correctly. I may end up adding a second one but I don't think it's completely necessary.

PXL_20210502_140613711.jpg

I do have some detritus to clean up, but when I set up initially I put a huge portion of the larger corals in the sump for the first night because I couldn't see anything in the tank and it had hit about 1:00 a.m.

Last edited:

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fits right in, I did some reading where people were saying they had to modify the drainage gap there so that the klir would work properly but I did not find that necessary - It actually is just barely above the amount of space required for the optical sensor to hit correctly. I may end up adding a second one but I don't think it's completely necessary.

PXL_20210502_140613711.jpg

I do have some detritus to clean up, but when I set up initially I put a huge portion of the larger corals in the sump for the first night because I couldn't see anything in the tank and it had hit about 1:00 a.m.
How are you liking the Klir still? I have a cade 1200 and I’m worried about that 1.5 inch clearance requirement above the sock tray. The Cade sump is slightly below 1.5.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the Klir still? I have a cade 1200 and I’m worried about that 1.5 inch clearance requirement above the sock tray. The Cade sump is slightly below 1.5.
I had no issues with my 1200, I had to modify it for the 600 though

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I possibly mounted my lights a little different but mine are essentially exactly in the middle. Here is a picture.
How did you make the cutouts in the ATO covers for the lights? Dremel maybe, what type of wheel if so?

Stevenh120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use the Di-4? Have any photos of the sump with it in there? Also, any issues with the gravity fed ATO failing yet? Great job.
Hi there, I have a Cade 1500 S2 and have had multiple instances now where the float valve sticks open and drops the entire ATO reservoir. Luckily I have caught it before any major drop off in salinity. Now I basically only ever have 8 litres of water in the reservoir so if it drops the lot I don't have to worry. I find that by exercising the float valve regularly it doesn't stick open.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back