CadLights 22G RESURRECTED BUILD!!

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Ive been out of the game for quite a bit and am looking to get back in without hurting my pocket. I started with a 6 Gal JBJ and eventually upgraded to the 22 Gal Cad Lights. Since my wife wont let me get a new one Ill have to work with what I got. This will be a dominated LPS and softies with some hardy SPS. I am gonna push this tank to have at 4 nano fish. I know thats pushing it but I will be running a skimmer and media reactor with weekly water changes. I think I should be good. I will be using dry rock for the first time. Im tired of the pests Ive run into the past and Ive heard good things about the caribsea life rock.

My wife decorated the house white so the old black cabinet I have is gonna have to get a makeover.

BTW I have SC that I should resurrect as well if the wifey lets me!

Made a custom rack for the bottom sincer it never had one. Just glued some pipes together with eggcrate and VOILA!!!

Will be putting the tank right here. The cabinet came out really nice. Loooks brand new!! Saved alot not buying a new one. Sorry for the mess!!

I should be posting pics of my new toys soon! I swear the most exciting part is starting a new tank. Why is that the case?

I have my aquscape made and will be posting pics soon!! Stay Tuned!!!!

Can anyone help me out with this? Ive been scrubbing nd scrubbing but this wont seem to go away. I am not sure what it is. I also have some light scratches on the fornt of the tank from it sitting in the garage I presume. Any suggestions?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Ive been out of the game for quite a bit and am looking to get back in without hurting my pocket. I started with a 6 Gal JBJ and eventually upgraded to the 22 Gal Cad Lights. Since my wife wont let me get a new one Ill have to work with what I got. This will be a dominated LPS and softies with some hardy SPS. I am gonna push this tank to have at 4 nano fish. I know thats pushing it but I will be running a skimmer and media reactor with weekly water changes. I think I should be good. I will be using dry rock for the first time. Im tired of the pests Ive run into the past and Ive heard good things about the caribsea life rock.

My wife decorated the house white so the old black cabinet I have is gonna have to get a makeover.

BTW I have SC that I should resurrect as well if the wifey lets me!

Made a custom rack for the bottom sincer it never had one. Just glued some pipes together with eggcrate and VOILA!!!

Will be putting the tank right here. The cabinet came out really nice. Loooks brand new!! Saved alot not buying a new one. Sorry for the mess!!

I should be posting pics of my new toys soon! I swear the most exciting part is starting a new tank. Why is that the case?

I have my aquscape made and will be posting pics soon!! Stay Tuned!!!!

Can anyone help me out with this? Ive been scrubbing nd scrubbing but this wont seem to go away. I am not sure what it is. I also have some light scratches on the fornt of the tank from it sitting in the garage I presume. Any suggestions?

Very nice!

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking clean so far. I will be following along.

What live stock do you have in mind?

OP
OP
Aeb1419

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK GOODIES UPDATE!!!!

URL=https://s1378.photobucket.com/user/aeb1419/media/IMG_8086_zpsy17n5zfu.jpg.html]
IMG_8086_zpsy17n5zfu.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_8085.jpg

IMG_8087.jpg

I installed the Sicce and I have to say, I am a little disappointed. It doesnt seem as quiet as I had hoped. It actually sounds a little loud too me. I can hear rattling. I will try to record video of how it sounds and you be the judge. I really wanted the quietest pump I could fit in the back.

IMG_8088.jpg

IMG_8089.jpg
IMG_8090.jpg

It turns out this Shark ATO did not work for the back of my tank. I tried raising the height of the sensor and it just runs too low. Its better for a sump. I could modify it but it would mean cutting it and I dont want to damage the neat acrylic holder. =( It uses both a laser and sensor for precise topping off) Willing to trade it or sell. Will post in the selling forum later. It is brand new and only tested to make sure it works. Luckily I had a JBJ ATO on and to solve the problem.

IMG_8092.jpg

It is filled and ready to go!!!
IMG_8094.jpg
IMG_8095.jpg
IMG_8096.jpg

I want to speed up the cycling process without having to pay for supplements without having to pay. Any advice on what to do?
IMG_8097.jpg
IMG_8098.jpg
IMG_8099.jpg
IMG_8101.PNG

Okay two things. I need some critiquing on my rockscape. What is bothering me most if the rock on the right. I attached a rock on the top and it seems too high. I wont be able to put corals up there (SPS) because when I do water changes the water level will fall below. I just feel like its too high. Should I remove it?!?!?! Please any insight would help.

What is the best controls for your AI if you have one? I think I have a problem where I cant seem to find the right amount of light. Im constantly changing it every 20 minutes. My wife is going to kill me if I don't figure it out within the next day. The picture above is the current settings but I think it might be to strong. Let me know what you guys run. I am planning to do hardy SPS and leathers and softies. I really want the colors to POP!

IMG_8091.jpg

OP
OP
Aeb1419

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. It turns out the float sensor is not the main sensor. The laser is. The float sensor is a backup. I had no idea. I was able to find an article on this ATO. I will give it a shot when I get home!

Jadams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the top rim of the tank (that stain looking substance) try whipping it with a rag & white vinegar. That should clean that off...

Regarding your aquascape, I think it looks great! I wouldn't remove that top right rock because when doing water changes and the waterline lowering for a short while, wont matter.
SPS corals are out of water during low tide every day in many parts of the world.. No problem at all. Especially if you do the water changes pretty quickly... GL!

OP
OP
Aeb1419

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the top rim of the tank (that stain looking substance) try whipping it with a rag & white vinegar. That should clean that off...

Regarding your aquascape, I think it looks great! I wouldn't remove that top right rock because when doing water changes and the waterline lowering for a short while, wont matter.
SPS corals are out of water during low tide every day in many parts of the world.. No problem at all. Especially if you do the water changes pretty quickly... GL!
I actually tried to use vinegar on the rag and it didnt do anything. Left for a whole day and kept soaking it to make sure it wouldny dry. Not sure what happened

OP
OP
Aeb1419

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update:

just adding more coral and making this tank pop. I really
Love this setup and plan to keep this tank for awhile

Attachments

• 6D204A78-9044-4195-99E5-84E1A0F1C9BB.jpeg
    6D204A78-9044-4195-99E5-84E1A0F1C9BB.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
Aeb1419

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added VCA random flow and I must say it works very nice. Did exactly what I wanted and getting nice randon flow throughout the tank. I highly recommend

OP
OP
Aeb1419

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing like entering the front door of ur home and seeing ur tank when u first walk in

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 60

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back