Cadlights 60 cube with Orphek V4 Atlantic compact

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally starting the Cadlights 60 cube that's been sitting in my office for the past 6 months!
This is an upgrade to my Elos Midi 36 g
Cycling with Dr Tim's.
Jus received my Orphek Atlantik V4 compact.
Equipment
Cadlights 60
Curve 5 skimmer
Orphek V4 Atlantic LED
Custom 10 gallon ATO tank
Apex Controller
BRS mini reactors x 2
Max spect Gyre XF 230 with Current Gyre and new controller.

Waiting for dosing pump and container.

Set up complete.
IMG_1847.JPG

Sump details. Custom 9 gallon container for RODI

IMG_1849.JPG

Reel Reef artificial live rock assembled with Marco's cement. Scaping for the 60 cube is tricky but I like the tall spire effect . Two spires with a channel and a small rock in front. The corner view looks like 3 spires!
I build a cave for my Niger Trigger in the rock on the R .
IMG_1867.JPG

Received my light yesterday. Free upgrade to Orphek V4 compact Atlantik.
This light is a beast .
IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

Now just waiting for cycling to complete!

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few more views of the scape being build and in the tank.
IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG

IMG_1874.JPG

Bradley Crocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! I set up my 42 gallon Versa last summer and I love it! I like the ato reservoir, nice touch. Mine looks sort of like a 5 gallon bucket...exactly like one actually.

I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions about your skimmer once everything is done cycling. I have the curve 3.5 and I'm having a hard time keeping its performance consistent.

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
Had the the top off container made for 50 bucks by my maintenance guy . He made it out of 10 mm glass which I think may be thicker than the tank!
Will post update on the skimmer .
Love the Avatar . Pastafarians all the way!
Looks good! I set up my 42 gallon Versa last summer and I love it! I like the ato reservoir, nice touch. Mine looks sort of like a 5 gallon bucket...exactly like one actually.

I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions about your skimmer once everything is done cycling. I have the curve 3.5 and I'm having a hard time keeping its performance consistent.

Bradley Crocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! You're the first to notice! It's titled "touched by his noodly appendage." I was gonna use one of the many Pastafarian drivers license pics out there, but this one has more of a "classy touch" to it.

I had a 30" tall 120 gallon, and it was a nightmare to aquascape. I like the spires, there's a lot of possibilities for coral placement. I also noticed you chose one to be taller, and staggered them. Very good call.

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light is up! Everything is super blue. I didn't have the time to play around yet and awful IPhone pics.I will take a real camera tomorrow and do some white balancing and also see what programs are up.
It was very easy to set up and connect to the Gateway and the programming looks straightforward. Comes with a number of preset programs as well. Cycled as well and will likely transfer fish tomorrow.
IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1924.JPG

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, this helps me out a ton!
I have a 56 gallon (30" L x 18" W x 24" H) and I need to make my scape a little higher.
I see you said you have a Niger Trigger. I'd love to have one wasn't sure I was able to in my tank?

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, this helps me out a ton!
I have a 56 gallon (30" L x 18" W x 24" H) and I need to make my scape a little higher.
I see you said you have a Niger Trigger. I'd love to have one wasn't sure I was able to in my tank?
Mine is now 2 years old and basically grew up with two Oscilaris clown and Dwarf angel so they all get along. Have only had softies and Zoas and leathers so far so will see how he makes out with SPS! Niger's are of the more peaceful Triggers.

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just had a quick question re your Cadlights cabinet. I have some delamination happening on the trim piece ( the one above the doors) Do you have any issues with your cabinet?
Also having trouble with the curve . Doesn't seem to skim consistently even though my water levels are steady . Took it apart and vinegar soaked it already once. Thinking of getting something else. Have you been able to dial yours in?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally starting the Cadlights 60 cube that's been sitting in my office for the past 6 months!
This is an upgrade to my Elos Midi 36 g
Cycling with Dr Tim's.
Jus received my Orphek Atlantik V4 compact.
Equipment
Cadlights 60
Curve 5 skimmer
Orphek V4 Atlantic LED
Custom 10 gallon ATO tank
Apex Controller
BRS mini reactors x 2
Max spect Gyre XF 230 with Current Gyre and new controller.

Waiting for dosing pump and container.

Set up complete.
IMG_1847.JPG

Sump details. Custom 9 gallon container for RODI

IMG_1849.JPG

Reel Reef artificial live rock assembled with Marco's cement. Scaping for the 60 cube is tricky but I like the tall spire effect . Two spires with a channel and a small rock in front. The corner view looks like 3 spires!
I build a cave for my Niger Trigger in the rock on the R .
IMG_1867.JPG

Received my light yesterday. Free upgrade to Orphek V4 compact Atlantik.
This light is a beast .
IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

Now just waiting for cycling to complete!
Did you get a gurgling noise with your drain pipe

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get a gurgling noise with your drain pipe
None.
CAD lights actually replied on the thread we were posting on and have commented on the problems they have had and vowed to provide better service and rectify the issues we have at present.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back