Cake for Christmas?

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2012
Messages
5,828
Reaction score
1,885
Location
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having trouble understanding why it's not a common tradition to have birthday cake on Christmas day.
 
Our church has a big birthday cake with the nativity scene on it for Christmas it is Jesus birthday after all lol. We have it with coffee n punch after the Christmas program with the kids.
 
Our church has a big birthday cake with the nativity scene on it for Christmas it is Jesus birthday after all lol. We have it with coffee n punch after the Christmas program with the kids.
I love it!

For years I have wondered why it's not more common. I have been threatening to do it for years and think I'm gonna finally just do it.
 
because in general its not practiced as a birthday. its more of a multicultural holiday that people of all faiths, or lack of, can come together and be joyous and celebrate each other. but if its something you want to do, if you practice it as a birthday, then why not? its your house right? build that cake to the sky! just make sure theres a little seahorse with a halo on it!
 
because in general its not practiced as a birthday. its more of a multicultural holiday that people of all faiths, or lack of, can come together and be joyous and celebrate each other. but if its something you want to do, if you practice it as a birthday, then why not? its your house right? build that cake to the sky! just make sure theres a little seahorse with a halo on it!
I agree it's celebrated widely and multi cultures. But come on who doesn't like cake. We've turned birthday cake into ice cream,cotton candy,cookie dough candies,ice cream sandwich, probably a Jones soda out there also all in birthday cake flavors. It's universally awesome aliens have birthday cake Will Smith told me so lol.
 
We also will be making chocolate and peanut butter fudge, polar clusters, and orange balls. But those get boxed up as gifts also for mailman,trashman,pastor,friends and my drs.
 
We also make forgotten cookies which is practically meringue that has chocolate chips and pecans in it. You preheat the oven to 350, turn it off, put the cookies in and forget about it. It ends up cooking the meringue becoming filled with air and very crispy.
 
Those sound good I really like the polar clusters it's just white chocolate chips melted with some peanut butter add peanuts and the small marshmallows stir and drop on wax paper let harden up n enjoy.
 
Hmm. I should bring a birthday cake to Christmas this year. We already have a non traditional meal. We all get our favorite foods from a place called Eatzies in Dallas. I always get sushi (made fresh all day) for dinner while my husband always gets chicken parm. It's all different stuff. Why not add a cake? Great idea :)
 
IMAG1733.jpg IMAG1734.jpg Here's today's cake at church after the kids Christmas program. We also have what's known as a sweet ending each year as a tradition. Everyone get a xl Hershey bar.
 
c23566327eec5f5d0dc1a91aa8356f8d.jpg

Not the greatest but not too bad
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new