calcium booster prolems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flats Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
per 5 ml of instant ocean calcium booster, how many ppms does it raise the water?
my 28 gal biocube is at about 380ppm, what should i raise it to and how much is that in ml's.
i also would like to kno how to save my corals, if accidently over doseing on calcium booster?

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way of telling how much you have have to use to raise your calcium levels. Calcium concentration depends on a variety of factors such as pH, alkalinity, and many many more variables that are not even measured in this hobby. Chemistry is dynamic like that.

I don't know what else is in calcium booster, but it's likely that you'll precipitate calcium before you overdose it. You really need to check your alkalinity before you attempt to adjust calcium levels, though.

OP
OP
F

Flats Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a test kit, but the alkalinity tester is not very scientific.. just shows a color scale from low, normal, and high. no numbers?

dakotasreef

Prestige Worldwide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be a good idea to look into some other test kits that are more specific. I would be more concerned if your alk and ph are off. I like keeping my calcium 410-450 alk 9 and a ph of 8.1-8.4. Calcium, alk and ph all need to be in their proper ratios to be useful to your corals

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that calculator is excellent but does not have a selection of instan ocean calcium suppliment.

You might want to take a look at the diy 2 part from dr.Randy holmes-Farley.

my .02

Back