Calcium Level

datahog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Seachem Reef Fusion 1 & 2 ,I have spots of coraline allergy growing on power heads and heater...Right now my calcium is at about 360 ppm,trying to get it up to 430-450 ppm... It seems to be staying the same for 3 weeks now...
Should i just keep adding 5 ml of each, every day...46 gal bow tank.... Suggestions Please..
20200309_172224.jpg

OP
OP
datahog

datahog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the one on brs website, but confused as i think it is for there product not reef fusion,according to there estament i would have to dose 50 mil 13 times,cause they recomend not going over 50 mil in 24 hours...Seachem reef fusion says for my tank volume not to exceed 5 ml in 24 hours...

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one I linked, actually has the seachem reef fusion as an option.

How big is this tank? 360 to 420(60ppm) isn't that big of a jump, I've done it numerous times without issue(although the claim is to never go over 25ppm per day increase).

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I've nevr used said product, the comments on that calc says it also add magnesium. Just be aware of that and monitor your MAG levels.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do realize you don't have to add both parts equally? Just dose the calcium part to get where you need to be, then go back to equal dosing.

Just throwing that out there in case you didn't know.

OP
OP
datahog

datahog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I've nevr used said product, the comments on that calc says it also add magnesium. Just be aware of that and monitor your MAG levels.
Ok your calculator helped alot,,,
You do realize you don't have to add both parts equally? Just dose the calcium part to get where you need to be, then go back to equal dosing.

Just throwing that out there in case you didn't know.
Ya i was just scared to add more than the 5ml,your calculator helped a lot,what i decided to do,was lower target level to 420 at 38 gallons ,and gave me a 17.2 cap full to add...so i will do 5 caps a day and check cal level after an hour of it being in tank,and hope it goes up from doing that till desired is reached...

OP
OP
datahog

datahog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ya i was just scared to add more than the 5ml,your calculator helped a lot,what i decided to do,was lower target level to 420 at 38 gallons ,and gave me a 17.2 cap full to add...so i will do 5 caps a day and check cal level after an hour of it being in tank,and hope it goes up from doing that till desired is reached...
Thanks for your help...

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sounds like a perfect plan. Add, wait a bit(hour or 2) test. Add more if needed.

NormanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Fusion 1 and currently dose 80ml every other day to maintain approx. 420 ppm Ca. This is in a water volume of about 80 gallons. I don't use Fusion 2 for alk, I make my stock solution from Reef Buffer in RODI water.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just add enough of your calcium only buffer to bring it up to the level required, or split it over a few days if you prefer

If you know the daly uptake, bring it up to the correct level and then dose the daily uptake every day. Same with any of the other element. This will then keep them level or thereabouts

OP
OP
datahog

datahog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just add enough of your calcium only buffer to bring it up to the level required, or split it over a few days if you prefer

If you know the daly uptake, bring it up to the correct level and then dose the daily uptake every day. Same with any of the other element. This will then keep them level or thereabouts
I am splitting it over a few days,should be where i need it tomorrow...than will go back to doing 2 part evenly..Thanks, hope it is easy to figure out the daily up take...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back