Calcium Levels dropping

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone. My calcium level has been dropping the last week. I am running a dual chamber calcium reactor and a Kalk Stirrer for ATO. Everything has been dialed in for weeks. I got a little over confident and didnt check my level for a couple weeks because I though I had it dialed in. Yesterday my ca was down to 350. Alk 3.8. Mag 1230. I check my affluent and the ca is 450. Does that sound right? I have been dripping it about 2 drops per second. Today I added a little more kalk to the reactor and increased the drip from the ca reactor to about 4 - 5 drops a second. The ph in the reactor is around 650, +/- 25. Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance.

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually check alk once a week and adjust reactor accordingly. As corals grow and coraline algae growth increases so will your demand. I dont use a kalk stirrer though, I just add kw to my ato reservoir. I have had a 2dkh drop in one day when I ran out of co2 so a 2dkh over a couple of weeks doesn't sound unusual to me.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, you normally should also increase the bubble rate in your calcium reactor when you increase the drip rate.

CJ

OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the CR on a controller. It maintains 650 +/- 25 in the reactor.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back