Calcium reactor co2 tank location

Frontosa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, how far away can I put the co2 tank for my calcium reactor will not fit in stand a cad lights 70 rimless artisan and I need it somewhere my kids cant get to it thank you

jhebi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you add some kind of cabinet next to it and put the reactor there?

OP
OP
Frontosa

Frontosa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you add some kind of cabinet next to it and put the reactor there?
I have been looking for something in black to try to atlest match the piano finish the stand has most stuff I see that look ok is to tall or to wide for the space

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use CO2 proof tubing you should be fine with 10+ ft.

Might be hard to make adjustments in the future unless you have the bubble counter on the reg. or are able to be in the line of sight of the bubble counter of the reactor.

OP
OP
Frontosa

Frontosa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use CO2 proof tubing you should be fine with 10+ ft.

Might be hard to make adjustments in the future unless you have the bubble counter on the reg. or are able to be in the line of sight of the bubble counter of the reactor.

It a korallin calcium reactor1502 so bubble counter is on reactor I'm going to tune it the way I seen from a video on here were dont do by persay drip rate going to use controller and just tune it by ph level in reactor

OP
OP
Frontosa

Frontosa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And thanks for heads up on line that is suitable for co2 I was going to use airline I had from when I used to culter phytoplankton

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It a korallin calcium reactor1502 so bubble counter is on reactor I'm going to tune it the way I seen from a video on here were dont do by persay drip rate going to use controller and just tune it by ph level in reactor
Same reactor as my old tank, still have it, Korallins are excellent reactors! I assume you bought the lid with PH port?

Remember its always best to tune the reactor with CO², and effluent rate NOT a pH controller, Korallins esp do not respond well to the CO² dump method.
Ph controller should be set at a fall back like 6.3 and almost never activate /deactivate the solenoid.

Read Korallins translated instruction manual, it does a great job explaining how to properly tune it.

FB_IMG_1495110350271.jpg

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, how do you plan on feeding the reactor ? I know Korallins tout a self prime/ run feature, doesn't work that great, you will need a consistent way to feed the reactor or push/pull the water through it, needle valves/ball valves clog and effluent rate will be inconsistent and the reactor will be difficult to tune.

OP
OP
Frontosa

Frontosa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same reactor as my old tank, still have it, Korallins are excellent reactors! I assume you bought the lid with PH port?

Remember its always best to tune the reactor with CO², and effluent rate NOT a pH controller, Korallins esp do not respond well to the CO² dump method.
Ph controller should be set at a fall back like 6.3 and almost never activate /deactivate the solenoid.

Read Korallins translated instruction manual, it does a great job explaining how to properly tune it.

FB_IMG_1495110350271.jpg
What are you using for feed pump I just hooked up a aqua liffter only have water running through it as of now have not even turned on recirculation pump yet

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using for feed pump I just hooked up a aqua liffter only have water running through it as of now have not even turned on recirculation pump yet
Are you using a valve to control effluent? because that will eventually clog and become inconsistent, you can try pinch valves, but ball valves, needle valves will eventually slow down/clog.

For the best consistency, peristaltic pump is the way to go.

OP
OP
Frontosa

Frontosa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using a valve to control effluent? because that will eventually clog and become inconsistent, you can try pinch valves, but ball valves, needle valves will eventually slow down/clog.

For the best consistency, peristaltic pump is the way to go.
Right now I have nothing on it set it up last night just to check for leaks bugget will not allow for a peristaltic pump right now so going to have to use a valve of some sort got whole set up minutes aqua liffter on trade for coral I'm new to the calcium reactor world so thank you for the input

OP
OP
Frontosa

Frontosa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to attempt to use a valve to regulate effluent, I highly recommend one of these
I was thinking of even pinching it with the dosing line holder I have. think that would work or not be good enough?

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could possibly work for you ? You are much better off using a pinch style way of restricting from the outside of the tubing than using a ball/needle valve that will clog.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back