Calcium reactor Deltec cr twintech 3000 vs KZ Calcium Reactor M

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
need help i run a KZ calcium reactor medium size at 6,4-6,5 but still have to dose Core 7 alk heavy would love to get a reactor who can handle it more or less itself, KZ is over rated as it says 5000liters but i have just over 2000liters have any experience of the deltec cr twintech 3000 if its a good way to go? Any advise is welcomed

Last edited:

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run a 1000g tank with that CaRx. You probably don't want to hear this, but your tune is probably inefficient and it cannot keep up. However, it can if you tune it correctly to run 24/7 - take it off of the pH monitor and tune it by hand. There is a link in my signature that will tell you all that you need to know to do this.

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ofcouse you can run any size with CaRx , its the size of reactor i am in question on as the one i have is rated for larger then mine
I have to fill it frequent and cant put out more so dose +60ml core 7 each 24/7 i have ph probe but run it only with digital regulator so its even and kamoer set at 115ml just feed up the juice who come out isn't strong enough to keep the parameters and run out of the triton jars so fast

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chamber pH is worthless. What is the dKh of your effluent?

The size of that reactor is fine. It is about 99% certain that you are not running it as efficient as you can be.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run a 1000g tank with that CaRx. You probably don't want to hear this, but your tune is probably inefficient and it cannot keep up. However, it can if you tune it correctly to run 24/7 - take it off of the pH monitor and tune it by hand. There is a link in my signature that will tell you all that you need to know to do this.

with your solution , can i use versa with it ?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the Deltec Twin Tech 1500 in my big tank. I was originally going to get the 3000 version, but the suppliers said the 1500 was under rated and can easily handle a 2000 litre system. The person saying this is one of the ‘tank masters’ running a 1400 litre system with a Twin tech and I’m glad I took his advice.

Its easy to setup and it cant be any easier to adjust, you just press a button to turn up or down the flow. Mine is currently set on 16 litres per day, out of I think a maximum of 360.

Build quality is excellent as usual from Deltec

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the Deltec Twin Tech 1500 in my big tank. I was originally going to get the 3000 version, but the suppliers said the 1500 was under rated and can easily handle a 2000 litre system. The person saying this is one of the ‘tank masters’ running a 1400 litre system with a Twin tech and I’m glad I took his advice.

Its easy to setup and it cant be any easier to adjust, you just press a button to turn up or down the flow. Mine is currently set on 16 litres per day, out of I think a maximum of 360.

Build quality is excellent as usual from Deltec
Many Thanks i think i go this route and great to read you have some much more power to turn up
Thanks for advise

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not even to half the capacity that your current CaRx can handle. Stop using the pH controller and turn the thing by hand. Probably the same dKh of 22 will get the job done, but not starting and stopping all the time... but if not, you can increase the output quite a bit and get that dKh up to 40 if you need to.

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not even to half the capacity that your current CaRx can handle. Stop using the pH controller and turn the thing by hand. Probably the same dKh of 22 will get the job done, but not starting and stopping all the time... but if not, you can increase the output quite a bit and get that dKh up to 40 if you need to.
Thanks i don't run the controller to the digital regulator just have it show ph on display, as if i go under the media melt totally its a sweet spot for the media i use so its on 24/7 and i use large co2 tank and it consume allot of co2 :) i refill 2-3 times a year . I tried to run more co2 so it lower in Ph but then the media melt but it was stronger ofcouse

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something is amiss if you are turning media into mush and only have dKh of 22. I have had to get near 60 dKh to turn media into mush. No reactor is going to change this.

How about the basics? Flow rate, bubble rate, media type, etc?

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run it 115ml as 120 is max on the kamoer 3 bubbles a second
no mush then i run it at 6,4 but i tried to go lower to get more out, alk 22 was at 6,5 but it might be little miss read also total water 2500 litres media mostly kollarin coral and some KZ mag and it dissolve this good also tried triton RX media who handle lower ph but run out of it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.8%
Back