Calcium reactor discussion and my tank parameters

Lucas96123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I started to use calcium reactor half a year ago, now it has been very stable for long time, setting is as below:
I use Coral bone and MG stones
PH meter is 6.6,
Peristaltic pump flow is 15ml,
Co2 is about three bubbles per second.

Also I have an extra titration pump dosing potassium chloride. Use half instant ocean reef salt and half TM salt.

But the water parameters is not perfect, Ca 490-500, Mg 1300-1350, KH 8-8.3, K 400. The Calcium value is high, I know it doesn't harm corals but the value is making me uncomfortable.

Is there any way to reduce the Calcium value lower through adjusting calcium reactor? Like increase PH and increase pump flow the same time? I'm worried about the KH will be fluctuated.

Someshmuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the calcium reactor will output at a consistent ratio of 1 dkh to 20 ppm cal.

You would have to reduce calcium reactor flow rate, additionally dose KH buffer and Mg to compensate, and return calcium reactor flow rate when your calcium is consumed.

Leveraging below calculator, dkh/cal equilibrium is 8dkh/417ppm so estimated ppm of calcium to lower is 80ppm requiring 4dkh to be consumed.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could change the media, I used rowalith W the chunky version when running a reactor and the parameters were always within the ‘normal’ range.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back