Calcium reactor media ... ARM extra coarse

Check the alkalinity of the reactor effluent.

And the flow rate.

That will tell you how much it is adding.
 
Check the alkalinity of the reactor effluent.

And the flow rate.

That will tell you how much it is adding.
Thank you Randy. I just tested with my Hanna doing half RO half effluent and tested 8.8. There’s my problem. I had my Kamoer set to 35ml/minute. I think that was my problem. I turned it down a good bit for a more saturated effluent. At least that’s what I think I needed to do!
 
Thank you Randy. I just tested with my Hanna doing half RO half effluent and tested 8.8. There’s my problem. I had my Kamoer set to 35ml/minute. I think that was my problem. I turned it down a good bit for a more saturated effluent. At least that’s what I think I needed to do!
Ok, what is the tank total volume?

35 mL per min is 50 L per day. That’s not necessarily an issue.

Use this calculator to determine the alk added per day. In a 100 L tank the amount added is huge.

http://reef.diesyst.com/reactor/reactor.html
 
Tank volume is about 235g. I’ll check out this calculator. Thank you!

If the alk and flow values are correct, you are adding about 1 meq/L = 2.8 dKH per day.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new