Calcium Reactor

Robin316us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I've 120 gallon tank and wanted to know if getting a calcium reactor is worth. Would like to know what all equipment is needed..as I'm getting from a friend of mine. He got it from a tank breakdown. I want to make sure that I'm not missing anything. Is it easy to setup and maintenance free?? I know i can Google search..but would like to get hand on experience.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I've 120 gallon tank and wanted to know if getting a calcium reactor is worth. Would like to know what all equipment is needed..as I'm getting from a friend of mine. He got it from a tank breakdown. I want to make sure that I'm not missing anything. Is it easy to setup and maintenance free?? I know i can Google search..but would like to get hand on experience.
If your going with a decent size tank, I feel a calcium reactor is always a good choice for long term. As far as equipment goes, the basic setup will require...
- CO2 regulator
- CO2 tank
- a CO2 check valve
- a pump to either push or pull water through.
- (optional) a PH probe

I use a continuous duty dosing pump after the reactor and it pulls the water through the reactor. It works very well.

As far as the setup goes, yes it is easy. However, it will take patiences and a few weeks to possibly get it totally dialed in. You do not have to run a reactor with a PH probe, although it is nice to see what the chamber PH is for the media. I hope this is a helpful start. If you have more questions please feel free to ask.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Back