Calcium Rise Without Dosing

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheKyle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Not sure what you are suggesting. Precipitation of calcium carbonate on sand lowers calcium and alk.

Dissolution of enough sand to boost calcium to 660 ppm from 400 ppm would ADD 36 dKH of alk to the water.

So the sand seems an unlikely explanation.

Test error or overdosing seem likely.
Randy like i said i was taking a shot at it! I was just guessing. Your explanation sounds dead on nuts to me!
 
Randy thanks for the info! Liked i said it was a guess. The reason mine is high is I switched to red box fritz salt from the blue. I didn’t write it in my log book. I don’t even remember doing that switch! One to many head injuries! I’m loving this place i get so much information now If i can manage to retain my thoughts!!! I DO try to learn about one topic a week so maybe someday….lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new