Calcium substrate for a Reactor

dakotasreef

Prestige Worldwide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use fine arm in my koralin. I have heard of it turning to mush, but no problems yet. The caribsea media supposedly dissolve at a higher ph than some other brands.

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go with the carib sea ARM course or the julian sprung coarse it will last longer. i have had very good results so far and heard nothing but good stuff about this....if you want let me know before you get some and maybe we can get a bulk amount and split it.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arm???

go with the carib sea ARM course or the julian sprung coarse it will last longer. i have had very good results so far and heard nothing but good stuff about this....if you want let me know before you get some and maybe we can get a bulk amount and split it.

ARM is High in Po4 and Reborn would be a better choice IMO as it test 0 for Po4. This is a pretty well known fact and there are several threads that go into detail.
Bill

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for info Bill! Guess ill be going with the JS next go around...wheres the best place to buy a bulk amount

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for info Bill! Guess ill be going with the JS next go around...wheres the best place to buy a bulk amount

Online for sure as local it's pretty expensive and only comes in 8lb containers, Not sure as to who may have it in bulk but Premium Aquatics may have it or can steer you in the right direction.
Bill

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back