Cali Kid Corals Official SAT FEBRUARY 1st LIVE SALE Thread!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they had others on the site for sale, PM/email them they may have more they can add with your order. Sick Shrooms for sure

They definitely do, I know they only showed about half of their corals for the live sale. Cali kids ac is pretty insane. I check it pretty often and know they for sure have a bunch of shrooms on there normally.

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the Not so expensive pieces got scooped up before I knew about the sale.. nice coral but a little to pricey for my budget in a live sale.. hope you guys sold lots of coral! Maybe next time..

charlesk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not going to spend $400 for one frag.

The expensive over priced are pretty, show the frags under $50

charlesk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never trust these live sales, it always seems the reasonably priced frags always seem to instantly become sold out. Seems like a marketing gimmick.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not going to spend $400 for one frag.

The expensive over priced are pretty, show the frags under $50

Their collectors pieces aren’t really over priced though. It’s almost impossible to find many of their corals anywhere else and certainly not for the same prices.

If you want to know expensive, go look at bigrs. Many of us appreciate and enjoy unique/rare corals.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love people have the need to tell everyone their feelings on what they aren’t buying. Social media has created a class of people that seem to think everyone cares what they think, just like my opinion, no one cares! Just makes you look foolish. Just like this post, but I understand this concept and LOVE PAYING OBSCENE PRICES FOR WHAT I WANT!

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love people have the need to tell everyone their feelings on what they aren’t buying. Social media has created a class of people that seem to think everyone cares what they think, just like my opinion, no one cares! Just makes you look foolish. Just like this post, but I understand this concept and LOVE PAYING OBSCENE PRICES FOR WHAT I WANT!

Amen

Alexnei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their collectors pieces aren’t really over priced though. It’s almost impossible to find many of their corals anywhere else and certainly not for the same prices.

If you want to know expensive, go look at bigrs. Many of us appreciate and enjoy unique/rare corals.
I definitely agree these are nice pieces, but I have seen a lot of this stuff in cali where I live going for sometimes cheaper, sometimes more expensive, just without the funky name that they make up lol.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely agree these are nice pieces, but I have seen a lot of this stuff in cali where I live going for sometimes cheaper, sometimes more expensive, just without the funky name that they make up lol.

I have been posting for rainbow chalices for months in my local groups. One hasn’t popped up until today, the person wanted $200 for a few eyes. I was able to get one a lot cheaper today via this sale. I’ve never seen any local hobbyists with anything close to the favia, chalice, blasto, fungia, mushroom, bowerbanki, lobo, etc selection as Cali kid has. When someone has one of the frags, they’re typically the same price or higher.

Regardless, you pay to get these frags when you want them. That’s valuable to me.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been posting for rainbow chalices for months in my local groups. One hasn’t popped up until today, the person wanted $200 for a few eyes. I was able to get one a lot cheaper today via this sale. I’ve never seen any local hobbyists with anything close to the favia, chalice, blasto, fungia, mushroom, bowerbanki, lobo, etc selection as Cali kid has. When someone has one of the frags, they’re typically the same price or higher.

Regardless, you pay to get these frags when you want them. That’s valuable to me.

He did say he lived in Cali, which is the epicenter for all the coral coming in the US. Prices should and are cheaper there. Of course we could ask him why can't he get a 3000 sq/ft home with half acre of land for under $300k when we could get it.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He did say he lived in Cali, which is the epicenter for all the coral coming in the US. Prices should and are cheaper there. Of course we could ask him why can't he get a 3000 sq/ft home with half acre of land for under $300k when we could get it.
Very true. That’s a trade off I’ll happily accept.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so bizarre to me that people are complaining about the prices like they don't notice a difference between Cali Kid's pieces and other big name online coral retailers. I'm not sure if it's their goal or not, but I consider Cali Kid a more premium vendor compared to WWC, for instance. They have a smaller selection, but it's more high end, unique stuff. It's not for everyone. Hell, it's not even for me right now. But there is a lot of value in this type of procured inventory.

I wouldn't walk into a Tiffany and Co. complaining I could have got a better deal at Kay.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so bizarre to me that people are complaining about the prices like they don't notice a difference between Cali Kid's pieces and other big name online coral retailers. I'm not sure if it's their goal or not, but I consider Cali Kid a more premium vendor compared to WWC, for instance. They have a smaller selection, but it's more high end, unique stuff. It's not for everyone. Hell, it's not even for me right now. But there is a lot of value in this type of procured inventory.

I wouldn't walk into a Tiffany and Co. complaining I could have got a better deal at Kay.
BUT; Ya know every kiss begins with

1EA64B3A-E841-4FAF-9232-6A0197DE2E73.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back