Cali Tort?

frogman_reefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2015
Messages
938
Reaction score
478
Location
San Antonio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help. I have this coral, out of the water it's Crazy pink.

But put it under 6 inches of water and it turns a deep purplish/blue with white polyps. Is this a Cali Tort?
image.jpg

The picture sucks, but yes, it turns crazy purple. Look at the yellow porites for a contrast
image.jpg

I'm stumped!
 
I just had a friend come over and he thinks it's an A. Nana? I looked it up and they both look the same. How the heck can you be sure?

I buy corals because I like them, but trying to know what they are is a beast!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new