"Calibrate" your Radions tonight!!

gatekeeperdi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not aware of any problems after calibrating. Can you please post a link to the comments?

I've heard nothing but great things coming from calibrating, especially from people with multiple Radions who experience a difference in color and intensity of the various LEDs, between the fixtures.

It's quite the buzz on other EcoTech-centric feeds, like this group on FaceBook, "Ecotech Radion Lighting Schedules and Related Products"

In my, and other's, opinion this should be a part of the setup procedures after first purchasing Radions.

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

Hi, there have been a number of people on the facebook group that have had issues, this one for example:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/28879...notif_t=group_comment_reply&actorid=827775044

I agree that, for those that the calibration has worked for, there have been positive results. I've only had my Gen 3 pros since October, after upgrading from a red sea max 250, & they are having a positive impact on the corals so I'm leaving recalibrating them until similar issues are worked out. I don't want to risk not having the lights working if it doesn't work out properly as I haven't got another light source for the new tank. It's up to each person to decide what they want to do though.

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, there have been a number of people on the facebook group that have had issues, this one for example:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/28879...notif_t=group_comment_reply&actorid=827775044

I agree that, for those that the calibration has worked for, there have been positive results. I've only had my Gen 3 pros since October, after upgrading from a red sea max 250, & they are having a positive impact on the corals so I'm leaving recalibrating them until similar issues are worked out. I don't want to risk not having the lights working if it doesn't work out properly as I haven't got another light source for the new tank. It's up to each person to decide what they want to do though.

Thanks gatekeeperdi for the link! I know Ian and his group, and must have missed this thread.

I'll have to agree, more times than not they work just fine out of the box. Since it isn't an imperative part of the light's operation, I could see why it is "optional" right now. Hopefully we get some news down the road that says, "it's safe to calibrate without fear". [emoji6]

Thanks for the input!

Randy

gatekeeperdi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks gatekeeperdi for the link! I know Ian and his group, and must have missed this thread.

I'll have to agree, more times than not they work just fine out of the box. Since it isn't an imperative part of the light's operation, I could see why it is "optional" right now. Hopefully we get some news down the road that says, "it's safe to calibrate without fear". [emoji6]

Thanks for the input!

Randy

Thanks Randy. Just wanted people to be aware of the small amount of problems with recalibration so they could make an informed decision. Like you I look forward to getting the green light that it's fine to recalibrate in case it makes an improvement. I'm still on the last stages of an a climation period but the response of the corals has been really good so far. There are colours showing in them that we never saw under the T5s. :)

MatteZ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just calibrated mine and my left fixture was way of and my right fixture was perfect. I didn't have any problems.

hummer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tryed ..this lighting is hard ...there's no walk thew instructions ..I wish they were more user friendly so I tryed to calibratebut I'm still having issues .moon lights only work on one there not synched together ..but I am using explorer for the internet. I just read it don't work well. Well I try later

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just calibrated mine and my left fixture was way of and my right fixture was perfect. I didn't have any problems.
Great! That's what I hear from most who get through it! Thanks for sharing!

I have tryed ..this lighting is hard ...there's no walk thew instructions ..I wish they were more user friendly so I tryed to calibratebut I'm still having issues .moon lights only work on one there not synched together ..but I am using explorer for the internet. I just read it don't work well. Well I try later
It sounds like you're on the right track. I would definitely suggest using a browser that ESL is optimized for. (Chrome, Firefox, Safari). I've never tried without Chrome, but I haven't had any issues using it!

Keep it up, and please let us know how it turns out for you.

Thanks all,

Randy

gatekeeperdi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to let you know that I took the plunge and recalibrated my two Gen 3 pros tonight as we'd decided that one was definitely brighter than the other during the day. I had no problems whatsoever, phew! Amazed at how much they were both out so I'll be interested to see what they're like tomorrow when they come back on properly.

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to let you know that I took the plunge and recalibrated my two Gen 3 pros tonight as we'd decided that one was definitely brighter than the other during the day. I had no problems whatsoever, phew! Amazed at how much they were both out so I'll be interested to see what they're like tomorrow when they come back on properly.

Nice! Glad you took the plunge and it went smoothly!!

It's crazy how off a pair can be, huh? I need to do mine again as I've noticed one is just a touch off in the morning.

Thanks for sharing!

Randy

diablo30xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my radion gen 2 for a yr and I am very happy with them. The problem I have is I came across a forum from another site about the calibration part. So I went to calibrate them and the lights wont work when I calibrate. I press the first light to do it and nothing happens. I used google chrome as well and everything is up to date as well. Can I gert some help to why they wont calibrate? plz and thank u in advance.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I hope this is easier than it looks. Need to turn down intensity on mine ASAP. Way too bright !

balkin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine shut off at different times and were coming on at different times so I calibrated them and it fixed them coming on at the same time same intensity but they still go off one then the other minutes apart!! I'm about to add a third light and I am hoping this one will be in sync..

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy, I was able to calibrate one of my lights but it won't let me calibrate the other. Can't click on the cog... Any suggestions?

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robink

Great news and bummer news. [emoji4]

I haven't dealt with that problem personally, but my first instincts would be to check the firmware of both the fixtures, to be sure their on the same page. If they are, I would try detaching and reattaching the non-calibrating Radion.

Finally, if neither works, I would send a quick note to EcoTech Marine Customer Service and see what their thoughts were. (As they are the subject matter experts!)

Here's a link to them, in case you need it....

https://ecotechmarine.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

Good luck! Please share your findings with the group here. [emoji106]

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There has to be an easy link for calibration??
Also- I understand reeflink will help this be accomplished??

Volpone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im trying to calibrate my 2 lights ,but when they ask me if the light is on ,i click yes its not confirm while its on ,when i click no the correct click move for other chanel ,what going on ? Do i have to do factory reset ?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back