CaliKing 240 Reef

CALIKING

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm Caliking from SFVR (San Fernando Valley Reefers club) and I'm addicted to this hobby, Amen.

Info:
240gl Acrylic Display Tank (custom)
109gl Acrylic sump (custom)
4 Tunze powerheads.
Apex Controller
Dosing unit (CA, ALK, MG)
Skimmer
ATI power module (10 bulb T5 60")

IMG_0339.jpg

SAM_2141.jpg

SAM_2149.jpg

SAM_2060.jpg
 
Nice clean setup and I love the aquascape! How long has the tank been up?
 
Hi and thanks swannyson7. I set this tank up less than 2 years ago. I have been slowly adding coral and fish over that time period. So far it looks like a frag tank, but if the reef god are good to me the frags will grow out.
 
I had a bad tank crash about 6 months ago (bio Pellets) that wiped out most of the coral. I had to start fresh with new frags, but I have been very selective since.
 
Hawaiian flame wrasse pair

Newest addition to the reef.
[video=youtube;bvnYAccO9ic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnYAccO9ic&context=C4c20895ADvjVQa1PpcFPE oCRbrMk1JGdfIvLwxgxgFteqjOD_p-0=[/video]
 
Last edited:
Making Waves

And today I finally learned how to make waves with the Tunze 6105's pumps and the Neptune Apex Controller.
[video=youtube;hvxkd_BBXvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvxkd_BBXvU&context=C4d3d0b3ADvjVQa1PpcFPE oCRbrMk1JLJEnPzjta7adLL0OXD5OSo=[/video]
 
Tank looks awesome!
 
Great looking tank and love those Flames!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new