Calling all clownfish wardens… what’s on the hitlist?

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mum insists that I get clowns for the tank, but I’m uncertain what fish will be targeted by the clowns and subsequently I cannot keep. What are the most common fish/category of fish that are bullied? I’ve heard reports of wrasse, butterflies, angels, gobies, blennies, even a trigger on one occasion be pursued, and I may have to prepare for the worst.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mum insists that I get clowns for the tank, but I’m uncertain what fish will be targeted by the clowns and subsequently I cannot keep. What are the most common fish/category of fish that are bullied? I’ve heard reports of wrasse, butterflies, angels, gobies, blennies, even a trigger on one occasion be pursued, and I may have to prepare for the worst.
Set up a tank for your mum. She can put the clowns in there ;)

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My maroons would hassle Everyone. Tangs, damsels, mag float, gloved hand … the female would charge the glass when people even looked at the tank.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? If you keep percula or ocellaris the aggression tends to be manageable, assuming the tank is big enough. If you have a host anemone, they tend to keep to themselves as well.

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? If you keep percula or ocellaris the aggression tends to be manageable, assuming the tank is big enough. If you have a host anemone, they tend to keep to themselves as well.
80 gals, perculas are not worth the price, and ocellaris are quite boring, so I prefer skunks or maroons. Probably not maroons though.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 ocellaris in with a yellow tailed damsel, 6 line wrass, royal gramma and a diamond watchman goby. No bullying. P.S ocellaris aren’t boring! Maroons aren’t boring, I could watch for days the one I had kill every fish I added to my tank, lol.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.8%
Back