Camera help, please!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChrisP
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ChrisP

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
60
Reaction score
13
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know nothing about photography, but I drool over the beautiful close-up photos I see on this site - the kind I'd like to take without buying a $1000 camera and getting a masters degree in photography! I definitely need help! I have an Olympus FE-250 (small, point and shoot $300 camera that doesn't have manual controls for things like white balance, etc.). I can't seem to get the macro and super macro functions to produce sharp images no matter what I do. The color rendering is off. Do I just need a different camera? If so, what would you recommend for a person like me who will just be using it for close-ups of corals?

Chris
 
the best advise i can give you that i learned about shoot marco pics , tripod !!

You can you the best camera with the best lens ,if you move the camera when you snap the shot it will be blurry ;)

BTW im far away from expert , actually im just a begginer. BUt the tripods can make your pics look pro

I use a canon rebel xt with a canon 100mm marco lens
 
I currently own a canon sd750. I am extremely happy with it. If i can get close enough to the subject, i can get some decent macro shots. It's a great all around camera. I will soon get a dslr, but i will still keep my sd750 b/c it's such a great camera. It allows manual overide and also has a digital macro function that i use most of the time (when my coral is the subject). Here are some macro/close-up pics taken by the camera:


IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg
\
IMG_2829.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new