Can’t figure out the micro bubbles

  • Thread starter Thread starter jordan23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jordan23

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2026
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title says, struggling to figure out the micro bubble situation. Tank has been cycled for 3 weeks, and parameters are stable. I added a protein skimmer about a week and a half ago, and I’ve tried several different water levels and I still seem to have the bubbles. Tank is a reef casa Laguna 24. Any tips would be appreciated. I’m new so take it easy on me.

IMG_1884.jpeg IMG_1885.jpeg IMG_1886.jpeg
 
I went to their website to see specifics. Pictures are nice but details are sparse. Have you reached out to the manufacturer customer service?

In my experiences, most AIO have less than stellar protein skimmers. With smaller tanks, scheduled partial water changes work quite well.
Also, in my large systems, I don’t use protein skimmers and I do use air bubblers in the water. So, I like bubbles.

@jordan23
I see this is your first post. Welcome to r2r.

PS: With that blue light, I can’t see much of anything. Try white light.

image.jpg image.jpg
 
Last edited:
try lowering the airline setting on that skimmer.
move it to the farthest side away from the return chamber.
Keep in mind for a new skimmer - for every adjustments, it will require some time for it the work. So you have to give it say... 30min (?)
Then i'd check the weir and the filter chamber is not clogged - too much filter will stop water flow to the next chamber.

if all fails, remove the skimmer. You dont NEED a skimmer on a smaller sz tank.

Good luck.
 
I went to their website to see specifics. Pictures are nice but details are sparse. Have you reached out to the manufacturer customer service?

In my experiences, most AIO have less than stellar protein skimmers. With smaller tanks, scheduled partial water changes work quite well.
Also, in my large systems, I don’t use protein skimmers and I do use air bubblers in the water. So, I like bubbles.

@jordan23
I see this is your first post. Welcome to r2r.

PS: With that blue light, I can’t see much of anything. Try white light.

image.jpg image.jpg
Thank you, I just reached out to the manufacturer
 
Bubble Magus? I run one on my 24 gallon.
Sometimes you have to run the water level a tad higher.
Another option is put the skimmer on a timer to only run at night. The skimmer will eventually break in. I use the skimmer only at night because of low nutrients values in my tank.
If the skimmer didn't pull such dark skim out I would probably not run a skimmer.
 
Bubble Magus? I run one on my 24 gallon.
Sometimes you have to run the water level a tad higher.
Another option is put the skimmer on a timer to only run at night. The skimmer will eventually break in. I use the skimmer only at night because of low nutrients values in my tank.
If the skimmer didn't pull such dark skim out I would probably not run a skimmer.
Yeah that’s the one I have. I’ll try running it a little higher
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new