Can a duncan touch/be next to a Trachy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brah02
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brah02

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2025
Messages
408
Reaction score
203
Location
Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of Trachy's that I am trying to make room for, and theres a perfect spot under my duncans on the base of a rock. Will they fight? I haven't seen the Trachy send out long sweepers, and I have seen it touch a fungia with no issues so far, so I am hoping they'd be fine?
 
Duncans are semi aggressive. The sweepers can reach, it will probably irritate the Trachy and likely it'll close up and BJD that way. Just give them enough space between each other.
 
I keep scolys and acans under a duncan colony and have never had an issue, so it can be done. Some corals are just always itching for a fight though!

Put them under it and keep an eye out for signs of warfare.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 13.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new