Can a Hydros 2 do AWC and ATO?

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if a Control 2 can do AWC using two X1 pumps? How many sensors would it need?

For ATO, it would need a sensor and pump, is there any sort of "back-up/fall-safe" tech in place?

Thanks!
Gaspare

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if a Control 2 can do AWC using two X1 pumps? How many sensors would it need?

For ATO, it would need a sensor and pump, is there any sort of "back-up/fall-safe" tech in place?

Thanks!
Gaspare

Here is a great place to start and get some answers! :)

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Michael, thank you for the reply. I sort of suspected that the Hydros 4 could achieve this, I was wondering if the Control 2 has the needed ports to accomplish this task.

Thanks in advance!
Gaspare
Here is a great place to start and get some answers! :)

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Michael, thank you for the reply. I sort of suspected that the Hydros 4 could achieve this, I was wondering if the Control 2 has the needed ports to accomplish this task.

Thanks in advance!
Gaspare

Yes it has enough... just enough. You would use 2 sensors and you’d could use both drive ports for the pumps and or the WiFi strips for power to the pumps.

Now mind you that this wouldn’t give you the ability to add a sensor to your Saltwater mixing bin. At that point you’d be out of available sense ports.

You could always add on another C2 or even get a C4 to expand your port capacity. :)

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I have the Hydros Control 4 with the accompanying ATO set just below my Tunze Osmolator. If find that the Tunze occasionally “fails” low when I don’t clean the electric eye. If that happens, the Hydros Controlled ATO should then kick in to avert the sump running dry. I suppose that I could install a float sensor above the Tunze as a backup to ensure that the Hydros ATO doesn’t fail on, too. I love redundancy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back