Can Amphipods Survive In Complete Darkness?

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
2,226
Reaction score
2,486
Location
Winter Garden
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm dark-curing (cooking) live rock for my next build. I've got a few months to go and want to seed as much life as i can.

i feed the bin regularly, and maintain chemistry per reef parameters.

Can i seed the bin with amphipods so the colony is well established when I'm ready to add the rock to the display?
 
Last edited:
I'm dark-curing (cooking) live rock for my next build. I've got a few months to go and want to see as much life as i can.
Did you get the rock from a poorly maintained system? These two sentences conflict a bit imo unless you're nuking bad rock and reseeding.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new