Can anyone awnser an importing question?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dannyab84
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dannyab84

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Messages
350
Reaction score
71
Location
Delray Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

It's so hard to get any information on importing corals. I get why, but was hoping someone could answer a few questions I have. So, I am a zoa guy, and have a really nice collection. However, I would like to dip into bringing some from overseas. I have a seller and the polyps I want, however I am having trouble getting together everything I need to import. I know that the zoas and other soft corals are not covered by CITES. And I hired a marine biologist to find out Genus/Species/Family. After she got back to me she was only able to obtain the Genuis and told me that the species would be almost impossible to obtain without having the coral in front of her.

Now, that being said... I think I would need the species to import wouldn't I?

And if they are all Zoanthus SP(Genus) and there are no bans on any the species of zoanthids coming into the US would it evenk matter if I didn't have the Species?

If anyone can shed any light on this matter to me it would be helpful. Pm's are more than welcome.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new