Can anyone help me is this diatoms

  • Thread starter Thread starter todrick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

todrick

SPS KING
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
84
Reaction score
11
Location
dalron ga 30721
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 80 gallon frag with mostly sps and a 60 gallon frag with softies all connected with a 40 gallon sump the 60 has no problems but the 80 is growing long stringy substance that I’m having to siphon out daily or every other day just to keep it from covering my frag rack I’ve tried water changes once a week for last 4 weeks I’ve tried dosing microbactor 7 and clean and I dosed .01 phosphate to raise my already.04 po4 but it doesn’t seem to be slowing down or dieing off I’m running 2 4in mesh filter socks but they are clogged within 24 hours then I clean them but when I wash in sink it’s not like a stringy algae it’s more off a slime film or bacteria tank has been running for 2 years so unsure of how it could be diatoms




 
20260401_001440_014CA548-6654-4E2E-BF60-B80D15B557AB.png

20260401_001440_83B6B6F4-74BA-40D5-8940-298DE2565B6F.png

20260401_001440_DAAFFAC6-B4A1-456F-9B2C-3F3A83A40E88.png
 
sps aren't really dying there being suffocated by it if i don't siphon or blow it off every other day but its on frag rack also but not on the glass
 
Any way you can get some photos under white light and some FTS photos?
 
More than likely Dino’s. Get a cheap microscope Amscope for like $45. You will identify exactly what you’re dealing with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new