Can anyone ID these eggs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Triinsept
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Triinsept

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
38
Reaction score
19
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone ID these eggs? They are much larger than clownfish eggs.
Stock includes
Blue tang
Yellow tang
Pair of clowns (they have their own eggs)
6 blue/green Chromis ( my understanding is that their eggs are smaller than a clownfishes- these are considerably larger)
Banggai cardinal
Leopard wrasse
Pintail fairy wrasse
3 tiger queen anthias

5F761F47-2588-4AD7-999D-22B0BA745311.jpeg
 
Can anyone ID these eggs? They are much larger than clownfish eggs.
Stock includes
Blue tang
Yellow tang
Pair of clowns (they have their own eggs)
6 blue/green Chromis ( my understanding is that their eggs are smaller than a clownfishes- these are considerably larger)
Banggai cardinal
Leopard wrasse
Pintail fairy wrasse
3 tiger queen anthias

5F761F47-2588-4AD7-999D-22B0BA745311.jpeg
#reefsquad who wants eggs for breakfest?
 
Can anyone ID these eggs? They are much larger than clownfish eggs.
Stock includes
Blue tang
Yellow tang
Pair of clowns (they have their own eggs)
6 blue/green Chromis ( my understanding is that their eggs are smaller than a clownfishes- these are considerably larger)
Banggai cardinal
Leopard wrasse
Pintail fairy wrasse
3 tiger queen anthias

5F761F47-2588-4AD7-999D-22B0BA745311.jpeg
Very neat, no sure though! Let's see what I can find
 
The majority of those other fish are pelagic spawners but they look the most like banggai cardinal eggs. Must have spit them out for some reason.
Agreed, banggai cardinal fish eggs
 
Really! Super cool. I currently have about 150 baby clownfish- some 4 months and some 3 months. It’s been such a cool experience I thought about trying to raise other types of fry.
 
The majority of those other fish are pelagic spawners but they look the most like banggai cardinal eggs. Must have spit them out for some reason.
I have a thought on why he may have spit them out... I like to keep my tank around 78. With the spring temps it was climbing to 80 so I unplugged one of my heaters and it dropped to 77. The higher temps maybe why he spawned in the first place. Very cool! Thank you
 
I have a thought on why he may have spit them out... I like to keep my tank around 78. With the spring temps it was climbing to 80 so I unplugged one of my heaters and it dropped to 77. The higher temps maybe why he spawned in the first place. Very cool! Thank you
I take that back. They were never in anyone’s mouth bc I only have one and it must be a female. Does anyone know, does this happen often?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new