Can anyone ID this?

ItouchedThebutt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2017
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
590
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont really need the hobby name or morph just mainly curious as to what coral it is. Obviously an entrusting type just wanna do research on it so I can figure placement out.

20190108_183432.jpg
 
Its psammacora, look up watermelon psammacora
GG that's it. Guess I was wrong on my original remark has to be it. Crazy thing is my LFS is wild, they had these in 2 different tanks, one tank sold them for 60$ the other 30$ same size everything.

Ima read up on these for placement and growth and lighting but how bad is this guys sting? If it stings at all.
 
Well I just need to figure out if I can stick it between stuff with out it hurting them. Kinda as a filler. Everything is just saying low to med light and med to high flow
 
I apologize, its classified as SPS so no sweepers. I would still keep some space between other corals. Medium lighting and moderate indirect flow seems to be a recommended placement for the coral.
Do you think it would hurt softcorals that dont sting? Like zoas or palys?
 
Do you think it would hurt softcorals that dont sting? Like zoas or palys?
No but I think the softies could do damage to the psammacora. That coral will look amazing if you give it a nice space to encrust.
 
Trying to let it encrusted my frag rack at the moment truthfully while I find a spot on the rocks for it.
 
It’s chill coral psammacora , you can place it anywhere. Low flow will cause it to plate, higher flow it will branch. It won’t hurt others but zoanthids and softies will grow over it. You can feed them too. I have been keeping them for many years. Here’s my proof:
 
This is the green variant. Have about 4 of them. Also have a small orange\ watermelon one. It’s touching an Acropora or 2 and seems to have just stopped on the margins there no battling.
4D1BEF57-A9D9-4B68-8EF0-5F221E388BA9.jpeg
 
That's cool, I have a spot I could put it in between some montis I have that there is quite a bit of space.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new