0   0   0
PXL_20220913_152403920.jpg
PXL_20220913_152222405.jpg

Absolutely Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a nutibranch. Typically predatory on zoanthids . I would give them a good dip and see if anything comes off. Also suck out any that you may see on the glass or rock

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree they are nudis, but there are hundreds of types and while zoa nudis are one of the more common in the hobby it hard to say from that pic that's what they are.

The eggs are generally easy to spot if you looking for them. Round clusters on the sides of zoa polyps usually. I would look closely for those to help confirm that's what you got. As others dips kill the adults but don't kill the eggs. I have used flatworm exit multiple times to successfully rid them in tank(again it dont kill eggs so multiple treatments are necessary)

OP
OP
Mikeb86

Mikeb86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree they are nudis, but there are hundreds of types and while zoa nudis are one of the more common in the hobby it hard to say from that pic that's what they are.

The eggs are generally easy to spot if you looking for them. Round clusters on the sides of zoa polyps usually. I would look closely for those to help confirm that's what you got. As others dips kill the adults but don't kill the eggs. I have used flatworm exit multiple times to successfully rid them in tank(again it dont kill eggs so multiple treatments are necessary)
Do these look like eggs?
PXL_20220913_161328811.jpg

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
indeed not all nudi's are pests, but the ones that are...are

hitchhiking eggs on a zoa cluster that turns into adults shifts the odds in favor of the bad guys

one of the reasons to have a pest managing wrasse or two in the tank, allows them to send them to the great nudi god in the sky and leave it to her to decide who is bad and who is good

OP
OP
Mikeb86

Mikeb86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any type of shrimp that eats these?
indeed not all nudi's are pests, but the ones that are...are

hitchhiking eggs on a zoa cluster that turns into adults shifts the odds in favor of the bad guys

one of the reasons to have a pest managing wrasse or two in the tank, allows them to send them to the great nudi god in the sky and leave it to her to decide who is bad and who is good

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 143 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back