Can anyone identify this coral?

AlaskanWaters

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2024
Messages
21
Reaction score
7
Location
Eagle River, Alaska
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a new coral a couple weeks ago, and this tiny little guy was on the same rock. Can anyone identify it? Looks like it might be a Rhodactis mushroom? It’s about 1/4 inch in diameter right now.

IMG_5302.jpeg
 
yellow mouth and mainly purple body make me think rainbow yuma or purple monster yuma/ ricordea. Mine look pretty much the same under blue led.
 
So far the only freebies I’ve gotten are aiptasia
Well if you count that as a freebie, me too! Thank goodness for berghia... it was bad. Really, really bad.
 
I think that’s my next step! It’s not terrible yet, but it’s not improving.
That's how I was and then out of no where, boom. Everywhere. I think it was because my nutrients were elevated.
 
I bought a new coral a couple weeks ago, and this tiny little guy was on the same rock. Can anyone identify it? Looks like it might be a Rhodactis mushroom? It’s about 1/4 inch in diameter right now.

IMG_5302.jpeg
That right there, is a coral. It will feed off light and grow into a larger coral, and then will split and turn into many corals. Great freebie. The purple yellow contrast will be great once it gets adjusted and a little larger
 
That right there, is a coral. It will feed off light and grow into a larger coral, and then will split and turn into many corals. Great freebie. The purple yellow contrast will be great once it gets adjusted and a little larger
Awesome! Finally a hitchhiker that I can approve of! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new