Can I add these to my current stocking?

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a Redsea 300XL G2 so the display is 65gal with a 15gal sump. My current stocking all get along well and is as follows:
  • McCosker's Wrasse (currently the tank boss)
  • Hooded Flame Fairy Wrasse
  • Firefish
  • 2x Ocellaris Clownfish
I would like to add the following if it makes sense:
  • Longnose Hawkfish
  • Starki Damsel
  • Bangaii Cardinal
I have heard that the Starki could be aggresive so I am slightly concerned about the interaction between the McCosker's and the Damsel but i am not sure if I am missing anything else. Any feedback would be great, thanks!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine. No shrimps I assume with the hawkfish on the list? The cardinal will be okay, they dont bother anything. I would just add all at once or add the cardinal, wrasse then damsel last. And yes that damsel will be a PITA. Ive got a damsel species tank (not planned, just the way it happened) and they squabble every now and again. Usually over their cave if another swims in it

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine. No shrimps I assume with the hawkfish on the list? The cardinal will be okay, they dont bother anything. I would just add all at once or add the cardinal, wrasse then damsel last. And yes that damsel will be a PITA. Ive got a damsel species tank (not planned, just the way it happened) and they squabble every now and again. Usually over their cave if another swims in it

OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input! And you are correct, no shrimp in the tank. Snail/hermit CUC but that should be no issue. I’m really looking for a blue/yellow fish and considered a flameback angel but will be adding a clam at some point so that was out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%

Back