Can I add these to my current stocking?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zach W
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zach W

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2018
Messages
716
Reaction score
2,040
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a Redsea 300XL G2 so the display is 65gal with a 15gal sump. My current stocking all get along well and is as follows:
  • McCosker's Wrasse (currently the tank boss)
  • Hooded Flame Fairy Wrasse
  • Firefish
  • 2x Ocellaris Clownfish
I would like to add the following if it makes sense:
  • Longnose Hawkfish
  • Starki Damsel
  • Bangaii Cardinal
I have heard that the Starki could be aggresive so I am slightly concerned about the interaction between the McCosker's and the Damsel but i am not sure if I am missing anything else. Any feedback would be great, thanks!
 
Cardinal might get bullied in that crowd.
 
Should be fine. No shrimps I assume with the hawkfish on the list? The cardinal will be okay, they dont bother anything. I would just add all at once or add the cardinal, wrasse then damsel last. And yes that damsel will be a PITA. Ive got a damsel species tank (not planned, just the way it happened) and they squabble every now and again. Usually over their cave if another swims in it
 
Should be fine. No shrimps I assume with the hawkfish on the list? The cardinal will be okay, they dont bother anything. I would just add all at once or add the cardinal, wrasse then damsel last. And yes that damsel will be a PITA. Ive got a damsel species tank (not planned, just the way it happened) and they squabble every now and again. Usually over their cave if another swims in it
 
Should be fine. No shrimps I assume with the hawkfish on the list? The cardinal will be okay, they dont bother anything. I would just add all at once or add the cardinal, wrasse then damsel last. And yes that damsel will be a PITA. Ive got a damsel species tank (not planned, just the way it happened) and they squabble every now and again. Usually over their cave if another swims in it
Thanks for the input! And you are correct, no shrimp in the tank. Snail/hermit CUC but that should be no issue. I’m really looking for a blue/yellow fish and considered a flameback angel but will be adding a clam at some point so that was out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new