Can I Feed Copepods Algae Wafer or Fish Flakes?

Tnops

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2021
Messages
601
Reaction score
344
Location
Queens
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I bought a bottle of tiggerpods and poured them into a refugium with chaeto that I just set up today as well. I am wondering if I can feed them fish flake/algae wafers instead of spending more money on culturing phytoplankton. Thanks!
 
They will feed off any particles of food in the water. Phytoplankton is like steroids for pods tho. I would at least get a bottle to does for a few weeks to get the population up. However, they will do fine regardless with whatever you feed you fish. I have not dosed phyto in a long time and my fuge has them all over the place.
 
Hi, I bought a bottle of tiggerpods and poured them into a refugium with chaeto that I just set up today as well. I am wondering if I can feed them fish flake/algae wafers instead of spending more money on culturing phytoplankton. Thanks!
They feed on detritus that comes in with water from dt, no need to actively feed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new