Can i get a one spot fox face

wasabi bean

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2024
Messages
319
Reaction score
88
Location
corsham
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a 70 gallon tank and currently have loads of bubble algae, i have 2 emerald crabs but that seems to make little difference neither does sctaping most of it off every wc, i was wondering if i could get a baby fox face and have it for a year or two mainly because i like them but also for the algae, do you think my tank is just too small? I currently have 6 fish, clowns, bangai, tomini tang, six line and a royal gramma. I know they are peaceful so not best to add last but i need tk find some way of dealing with this algae
 
A 70g is borderline for a one-spot. I have one in my 90 and it's alright for now, but when I had my 75 it just felt a little too small to add one in. It is an AMAZING algae eater, though, so I can't fault the desire.

If bubble algae is your sole reason for wanting one, though, you might want to look into a pitho crab or two. I've had emeralds and pithos, and while emeralds will eat bubble algae, pithos LOVE to eat bubble algae. I had a lot of bubble algae in my tank at the start of the year, and between the pitho crab and the foxface there is now not a speck of it.
 
Depending on its size, if it’s like only 3” 70 probably be alright. Of course this coming from someone who had a nearly 5” black spot in a 90.
 
A baby foxface would probably not be able to eat bubble algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new