Can I get an LPS ID???

gravitysheep

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2016
Messages
13
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
imgur.com/gallery/jg9uw

I'm not sure how to set up pictures but I did provide a link.

I picked this guy up 2 months ago and I can't figure out the heck it is . Got any ideas ??

I was thinking maybe it's pectinia , then I thought maybe a Wilsoni .....
 
look like lobophyllia ?
 
How thick is the skeleton? Does it have a prominent mouth and feeding tentacles? Looks rough. Does it swell up when feeding or during day? That will tell the difference between trachy or pectina. Pectinas will not have as obvious mouths and not swell up puffy like a trachy will.
 
How thick is the skeleton? Does it have a prominent mouth and feeding tentacles? Looks rough. Does it swell up when feeding or during day? That will tell the difference between trachy or pectina. Pectinas will not have as obvious mouths and not swell up puffy like a trachy will.
Hey, good questions. I didn't even think of that.

When I first got it I couldn't tell but now for sure it eats and has to mouths. Only noticeable if I give it good though.

It's usually a little more puffy than in the second picture but I moved it so it deflated a little bit. So it swells up but not by much. When I feed it it does get a little more swollen than usual.


It has a couple tentacles that only really come out at night
 
How thick is the skeleton? Does it have a prominent mouth and feeding tentacles? Looks rough. Does it swell up when feeding or during day? That will tell the difference between trachy or pectina. Pectinas will not have as obvious mouths and not swell up puffy like a trachy will.


Oh and skeleton thickness

It's thin compared to like an acan or something buts it's really dense
 
Well, it sounds more like a trachy except the skeleton. I see teeth sticking out a bit from the skeleton, so my guess is trachy. Trachy skeletons will have those prominent teeth and are a bit denser. I think pictina is lighter and not sure teeth are present.
 
images

images


Not my images. Sure looks like Pectina to me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new