Can I mix salts

And once you pour it in the tank, something magical happens different than what was going to happen in the bucket after 24 hours?
With the TM bio-actiff, which is what I use. After 24 hrs the Bio- actiff part starts coagulating at the bottom of the mixing bucket. while it is still safe to use, the carbon dosing part isn't really as effective anymore because it has fallen out of mixture.
 
With the TM bio-actiff, which is what I use. After 24 hrs the Bio- actiff part starts coagulating at the bottom of the mixing bucket. while it is still safe to use, the carbon dosing part isn't really as effective anymore because it has fallen out of mixture.
I had no idea that there were salt mixes with carbon incorporated like that. So I suppose it makes sense that they could react or oxidize once mixed.

You learn something new every day!

That fact certainly reinforces my desire to just continue using plain old IO as opposed to some fancy salt that has to be mixed a certain way due to components that will degrade once in solution.
 
I had no idea that there were salt mixes with carbon incorporated like that. So I suppose it makes sense that they could react or oxidize once mixed.

You learn something new every day!

That fact certainly reinforces my desire to just continue using plain old IO as opposed to some fancy salt that has to be mixed a certain way due to components that will degrade once in solution.
It does have an upside... You will do your water change... instead of getting lazy😲
 
I don’t see any reason to put organics in a salt mix. If one wants such additives, they are best added in desired amounts when they are needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new