Can I put three different shrimps together?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Electrobes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
2,088
Reaction score
241
Location
Fort Myers, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a blood shrimp and a skunk cleaner shrimp in my 40Br. They never see each other as they occupy different ends of the tank. Does anyone know if I can add some peppermint shrimps in there along with the other two? I know all three aren't known for being aggressive but I wonder if I am still taking a chance?
 
I've never done blood shrimp, but I've succesfully had cleaner(skunk) and peppermints in the same tank with no issues. Blood shrimp have never been appealing to me ;)
 
You're kidding me!? All that bright red with white spots.. the price is a different story.. ;)
 
I've always wanted to try Sexy Shrimps though, haha. And of course, Harlequins, but I refuse to buy starfish just to feed him :)
 
I currently have a blood shrimp and a skunk cleaner shrimp in my 40Br. They never see each other as they occupy different ends of the tank. Does anyone know if I can add some peppermint shrimps in there along with the other two? I know all three aren't known for being aggressive but I wonder if I am still taking a chance?

There is always a chance they might not get along but they might tolerate each other until they meet up. I had a cleaner that was relentless on terrorizing other shrimp in my tank...He single handedly took out 3 peppermints! So beware!
 
As long as they can find their own territories, they should be fine together.

CJ
 
You're kidding me!? All that bright red with white spots.. the price is a different story.. ;)

I agree. The blood red shrimp is one of my favorites. I was really bummed when mine got eaten by something.

CJ
 
Hmm worries me is realistically there are two great territories.. not sure about a third. Meh I guess I'll avoid the risk.. my tank is doing well and it doesn't need another drama! ;)

CJ that sucks.. sorry to hear. I would have considered the death penalty on the culprit!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new