Can I save this one?

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just before Christmas I got myself my first SPS. Two frags of birds nest. They were very inexpensive and the people at the shop said they are one of the easier corals to home. After getting a few more corals on boxing day we had to move some coral around. While placing this frag I think I touched the coral with some super glue. Any recommendations on what I should do?

PXL_20201228_201123234.MP.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you're parameters? I would suggest just waiting. The coral could be stressed.

OP
OP
Sharkattackmack

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you're parameters? I would suggest just waiting. The coral could be stressed.
Parameters are normal. ( I'm out and don't have my notebook with me) Salinity is a little low and were trying to get it back up but I have to re cal my testers before I do so. Seems odd as we get our saltwater from a LFS and just did a water change.

Anyways I could see where my glue fingers had touched the coral. I always press down on the plug but must have had glue on the side of my finger or hand and bumped.the coral.

I'll be doing bi weekly water testing just to make sure levels stay up incase it take some extra nutrients out of the water to heal.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Watch it. If any change for worse, you can snip area off. These are good growers and forgiving coral

TDEcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If those white areas are from glue, just leave it alone and the coral will eventually grow over it just like they do at the base. It's no big deal really.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 59 42.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 65 47.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back