Can I use a liquid fertilizer containing copper without it affecting my eels?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HAAAAAAAA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HAAAAAAAA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2022
Messages
968
Reaction score
524
Location
Karnataka
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to add a refugium chamber in my upgraded sump for my 210 gallon aquarium and as such i was going to get a micro trace elements fertilizer but it contains 0.0032% of copper per gram is this safe enough?

My tank inhabitants is a
3 and a half feet honeycomb moray

I was worried because eels are known to be extremely sensitive to copper and may go on a hungerstrike

I am also afraid that I will not be able to add future invertebrates because of the copper

The brand of liquid fertilizer i was planning to use is
(Aqua Vitals micro nutrients)
 
I was going to add a refugium chamber in my upgraded sump for my 210 gallon aquarium and as such i was going to get a micro trace elements fertilizer but it contains 0.0032% of copper per gram is this safe enough?

My tank inhabitants is a
3 and a half feet honeycomb moray

I was worried because eels are known to be extremely sensitive to copper and may go on a hungerstrike

I am also afraid that I will not be able to add future invertebrates because of the copper

The brand of liquid fertilizer i was planning to use is
(Aqua Vitals micro nutrients)
theres no reason to add fertilizer to the tank. the fish waste and leftover food will create all the nutrients your algae need to grow. thats the whole point of a fuge, to reduce nutrients. NOT for you to have to add them.
 
theres no reason to add fertilizer to the tank. the fish waste and leftover food will create all the nutrients your algae need to grow. thats the whole point of a fuge, to reduce nutrients. NOT for you to have to add them.
I've read a lot of threads where people tend to use brightwell chaeto gro because their chaeto wasn't growing and the most deficient element in the aquarium most likely was iron and i didn't find any salifert iron test kits Lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new