Can I use well water for ro and saltwater?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triple di saver from brs (or others) can save on your resins.
High co2 eats up the anion. With the anion and cation seperate before the mixed bed, it's easy to recharge the anion with some lye. Just wear your ppe.

Google lye and how to mix before preceding!

I dump the anion in a plastic colander with a coffee filter or other small filter. Mix lye with tap water. I also use a small bowl the colander fits in and submerge the anion into the lye. In a few minutes the lye is recharged. Rinse with rodi, a couple gallons will do. Repack, run unit until zero TDS is restored (takes 5-10 minutes or 1/4ish gallon).

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say there is a lot of info/recommendations in the thread that may or may not be applicable to your situation. Start from the beginning and take it step by step. If you need guidance or have questions we are but a phone call away. 513-312-2343

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say there is a lot of info/recommendations in the thread that may or may not be applicable to your situation. Start from the beginning and take it step by step. If you need guidance or have questions we are but a phone call away. 513-312-2343
Russ is #1 in this industry on RODI. His system has been running 23 years on my reef !!!!
Bravo Russ on always great customer service.
I'm on a well and have I cation, 3 Anion ( because of co2 in well water ) a mixed resin all post my RO system.

10 Stage !!

RODI .jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back