Can SeaChem Denitrate be re-used?

Jedimstr34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had denitrate in mesh bags working in my sump well for a few months and then ended up with a Dino problem, so naturally wanting to raise nitrates, I removed it. Now I am ready to reduce nitrates again. Can this be rinsed and re-used?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had denitrate in mesh bags working in my sump well for a few months and then ended up with a Dino problem, so naturally wanting to raise nitrates, I removed it. Now I am ready to reduce nitrates again. Can this be rinsed and re-used?
Yes
----------

How often do I need to rinse or replace de❊nitrate?

A: de❊nitrate™ is a biomedia, meaning it does not exhaust over time, so you should never need to replace it. That said it is possible for de❊nitrate™ to become clogged up with detritus and slime, so we recommend prefiltering the water using a sponge or filter floss to extend the useful life of the product.

:)

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes it's just biomedia. It doesn't reduce nitrates unless it's in a nitrate reactor or in an area of no flow.

OP
OP
Jedimstr34

Jedimstr34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the nitrate level now?
Thanks guys. Been away for a couple of days. Between 10 and 20 according to my api test. I have Hanna Checker also but only for low range. See pic

Attachments

• 7C121BF9-BCA4-422D-B445-B4135EF5EC03.jpeg
    7C121BF9-BCA4-422D-B445-B4135EF5EC03.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 25

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. Been away for a couple of days. Between 10 and 20 according to my api test. I have Hanna Checker also but only for low range. See pic
Thanks for your response back.

Over here, it looks closer to 10ppm / which is good in my book... :D

If you can get the Hanna HR Checker, it matches Salifert to a tee but you would want to use your low range at 5ppm or below.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 5.7%
Back