Can someone help me ID this snail?

SheltonGoesSalt

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
62
Location
Binghamton
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

All is well on my end! I just wanted to know what type of snail this is if anyone has the time. The gentleman at the lfs that helped me out provided me with three. I have a Mexican Turbo Snail, Turban Snail, and this one which from research looks like a Trochus, but I don't think it is. Is anyone able to confirm?

I got to running my mouth and we were talking about welding and hobbies and then I left without confirming. I did call him back and he could not tell me off the top of his head.

I greatly appreciate it 😀

PXL_20251211_161640215.jpg PXL_20251211_172510001.jpg
 
beat me to it! :D
 
After looking at what you sent, this lil guy deff has short spines ? Do you think that's an indication of anything? Im just curious.
To be honest: I don't know. Maybe it's just a juvenile, maybe it's a different species.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new