Can someone help me make up my mind?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run any temp controller thru a Apex energy bar. That way you can have redundancy. Just make it so if the temp reaches X number the apex switches off the controller. IE. set your apex at 80 degrees and lets say Helio or Finnex at 78. so incase a heating element gets stuck on and the controller fails it will switch off the heater. Then add a back up heater plugged directly into the energy bar and set the Apex, if temp falls below 76 heating element B turns on and off at 78. That way if your main heater fails the back up will kick in, or you can use two different wattages. One lower for the warmer months and your back up double. So that in the winter you can use two heaters, but in the summer only one. so you will save on electric.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use these ones in my tank. The covered quartz one is hidden in an overflow. Titanium go in my sump and the neotherm is the inside tank backup for my 60 cube that has a ghost overflow so I couldn't easily hide it.

All were thoroughly tested for apex compatibility (I am Zombie from Neptune forums).

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use these ones in my tank. The covered quartz one is hidden in an overflow. Titanium go in my sump and the neotherm is the inside tank backup for my 60 cube that has a ghost overflow so I couldn't easily hide it.

All were thoroughly tested for apex compatibility (I am Zombie from Neptune forums).

Yeah... I have the Cobalt Neo-Therm Pro 200W heater as my backup Heater. They've worked great for me so far.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back