Can someone I'd this black sponge looking thing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryleary
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ryleary

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2015
Messages
252
Reaction score
3
Location
Boston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 233669
uploadfromtaptalk1429731977453.jpg
it came on a piece of live rock and I've noticed it growing over the past week, not the most beautiful thing in the world.
 
Yes, this Is a black sponge
 
LOL im not trying to sound rude or anything but that is funny. "What's this black sponge?" "A black sponge." :wink:
 
I read sponge growth means good water quality so I got that goin for me.
 
I have this on the same rock with some Zoas.... It does not seem to bother them, but it has stopped the zoa's from spreading over that part of the rock.
 
Looks like I gotta do some scraping, I just got a few polyps or rasta zoas and want them to cover that rock.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new