Can someone please answer this invert qt question??

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted a long time ago no responses.
13.5g coral and invert qt tank bare bottom. Live rock and bio media. Anyway we have one small damsel who’s job has been to keep the cycle going and be the ruler. Anyway over many months I added a lot of frags some hermits and snails. So two weeks ago I put the damsel in a separate qt tank to fallow the frag tank. Even though the damsel has shown no sign of any parasites. Diseases or worms. So I’m a situation like this. Nothing else has been added to this system since early December. So over 2 months. How long if any should I fallow this system ? 76 days to be safe?? My main display has all quarantined fish inverts and rock

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the temperature of this tank? Typically high temp will bring you down to a 45 day fallow period. Lower temps need 76 days

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 78-79 degrees f. No fish in this tank. Snails hermits and crabs

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Posted a long time ago no responses.
13.5g coral and invert qt tank bare bottom. Live rock and bio media. Anyway we have one small damsel who’s job has been to keep the cycle going and be the ruler. Anyway over many months I added a lot of frags some hermits and snails. So two weeks ago I put the damsel in a separate qt tank to fallow the frag tank. Even though the damsel has shown no sign of any parasites. Diseases or worms. So I’m a situation like this. Nothing else has been added to this system since early December. So over 2 months. How long if any should I fallow this system ? 76 days to be safe?? My main display has all quarantined fish inverts and rock
45 days is sufficient and becoming the new standard

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45 days is sufficient and becoming the new standard
Ok thank you. Ive done so much work it would be a shame to trying it all being inpatient. I have turned the tank up to 80-81 and will wait another 3 weeks as that will be 5 week fallow

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back