Can someone tell what this is

  • Thread starter Thread starter Plesoine
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Plesoine

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2015
Messages
87
Reaction score
17
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell what this is ? all my years never had this. My local LFS couldn't ID it either. It's taking over my tank. Yes my water quality is where it should be. Any advice what it is and how to get rid of it. Thanks

thumbnail_IMG_0907.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0908.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0909.jpg
 
Almost reminds me of codium fragile
I have not seen this particular macro before. Thought I’d leave a comment to hopefully bump this post. I wish you luck though!!
 
Do you have a Pic of the tank. With the macro algea I'd like to see what it looks like.
I pulled alot of the big stuff out but now this is taking back over. I don't want it !!!
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_IMG_0933.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0933.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 84
  • thumbnail_IMG_0934.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0934.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 104
Omg, you have all sorts of green stuff going on. What are you doing for nutrient control? I would get some herbivores in there and then i would take each rock out and scrub them down with a toothbrush to knock down the algae. Probably a very good time for a water change.
 
Omg, you have all sorts of green stuff going on. What are you doing for nutrient control? I would get some herbivores in there and then i would take each rock out and scrub them down with a toothbrush to knock down the algae. Probably a very good time for a water change.
My water levels are perfect !!!!!! I have tangs, snails, hermit crabs, corals and no other alage of any sorts Nothing wrong with my nutrient levels, but thanks.
 
Omg, you have all sorts of green stuff going on. What are you doing for nutrient control? I would get some herbivores in there and then i would take each rock out and scrub them down with a toothbrush to knock down the algae. Probably a very good time for a water change.
My water levels are perfect !!!!!! I have tangs, snails, hermit crabs, corals and no other alage of any sorts Nothing wrong with my nutrient levels, but thanks.
I noticed that with my tang and foxface that once i brushed off the long hair algae, that they suddenly started keeping it in check. I think they don’t like it once it gets too long.
 
So is this a good thing or bad thing that I should just keep pruning ?

pruning macro is how you export nutrients from your tank.
Macro eat excess, grow, and then you cut and remove.

If you do not prune, it can go out of control to the point where it can eat too much nutreients, and then you get a systematic die off. Where things in your tank goes though a Ultra Low Nutrient cycle, you get the royal red carpet explosion on your sand, and so on.

So yes, you should keep pruning in moderation, but not too much, because then you will have the oposite which is a nutrient explosion, and well, then you get a green hairy tank, and that macro begins to not look bad when you had that vs the new GHA u now need to fight against.
 
pruning macro is how you export nutrients from your tank.
Macro eat excess, grow, and then you cut and remove.

If you do not prune, it can go out of control to the point where it can eat too much nutreients, and then you get a systematic die off. Where things in your tank goes though a Ultra Low Nutrient cycle, you get the royal red carpet explosion on your sand, and so on.

So yes, you should keep pruning in moderation, but not too much, because then you will have the oposite which is a nutrient explosion, and well, then you get a green hairy tank, and that macro begins to not look bad when you had that vs the new GHA u now need to fight against.
Thanks I appreciate it, I just didn't know what this was and what to do with it. So I shouldn't freak out that's its bad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new